Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to validate location with path due to transcient failures when creating Cluster Apache Falcon

Rising Star

Unable to validate location with path /apps/falcon/primaryCluster/staging for cluster:primaryCluster due to transcient failures :

I have this error when i try to submit a cluster to Apache falcon. I believed it is due to permissions but I follow the step to switch the ownership to falcon user :

drwxr-xr-x - falcon hdfs 0 2016-02-10 10:17 /apps/falcon/backupCluster

drwxrwxrwx - falcon hdfs 0 2016-02-10 10:16 /apps/falcon/backupCluster/staging

drwxr-xr-x - falcon hdfs 0 2016-02-10 10:17 /apps/falcon/backupCluster/working

drwxr-xr-x - falcon hdfs 0 2016-02-10 10:16 /apps/falcon/primaryCluster

drwxrwxrwx - falcon hdfs 0 2016-02-10 10:16 /apps/falcon/primaryCluster/staging

drwxr-xr-x - falcon hdfs 0 2016-02-10 10:16 /apps/falcon/primaryCluster/working

Here is my xml :

<cluster xmlns='uri:falcon:cluster:0.1' name='primaryCluster' description='thie is primary cluster' colo='primaryColo'> <tags>primaryKey=primaryValue</tags> <interfaces> <interface type='readonly' endpoint='hftp://dl-master:50070' version='2.2.0'> </interface> <interface type='write' endpoint='hdfs://dl-master:8020' version='2.2.0'> </interface> <interface type='execute' endpoint='dl-master:8050' version='2.2.0'> </interface> <interface type='workflow' endpoint='http://dl-master:11000/oozie/' version='4.0.0'> </interface> <interface type='messaging' endpoint='tcp://10.0.0.5:61616?daemon=true' version='5.4.6'> </interface> </interfaces> <locations> <location name='staging' path='/apps/falcon/primaryCluster/staging'> </location> <location name='temp' path='/tmp'> </location> <location name='working' path='/apps/falcon/primaryCluster/working'> </location> </locations> <ACL owner='ambari-qa' group='users' permission='0x755'/> <properties> <property name='brokerImplClass' value='org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory'> </property> </properties> </cluster>

I am using FalconWebUI to submit the cluster.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
6 REPLIES 6

Rising Star

But if I submit the cluster with the WebUI, I should be under falcon user. Is there a way to submit with WebUI ?

Master Mentor

Rising Star

I think it works, I faced no error. Thank you !

Is there a way to confirm that the cluster was created ? EDIT: I find it when i create a new mirror, Thank you for the Help

Master Mentor

@Arthur GREVIN You should have the confirmation screen ...http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.3.0/bk_data_governance/content/section_creating_...

Please do accept the answer to close the thread.

Master Mentor

@Arthur GREVIN You nailed it !!! 🙂