Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Understanding Nifi Processors fields

Expert Contributor

14842-screen-shot-2017-04-24-at-13658-pm.png

I know this may seem like a newbie question but I would like some understanding exactly of the fields on the Nifi processors.

The reason I want to know is because often times I have a large number sitting in the OUT field and I suspect that means its queued but then what is the purpose of the queue in the transfer between the processors if that is the case? Often times my data will stop being produced and I will have to refresh refresh refresh waiting for the OUT fields and queues to finally "unclog"

See screenshot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

The "Out" number is the (5 minute rolling window) amount of data (count of flow files / size of flow files) that the processor has transferred (not that is queued). Check the Anatomy of a Processor section of the NiFi User's Guide, it has explanations of the statistics and other indicators on a processor.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Guru

The "Out" number is the (5 minute rolling window) amount of data (count of flow files / size of flow files) that the processor has transferred (not that is queued). Check the Anatomy of a Processor section of the NiFi User's Guide, it has explanations of the statistics and other indicators on a processor.

Expert Contributor

That Matt. Im having a data loss issue I cannot figure out and this clarified that thinking they weren't in the "queue of the processor" isn't the culprit...