Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Upgrade HDP3.0 and Ambari Infra Solr

Upgrade HDP3.0 and Ambari Infra Solr

Explorer

I'm following the instructions to perform an ambari upgrade from hdp2.6.5 to hdp3.0 and have some problems with the end of the process that backs up Ambari Infra Solr Data.

When I execute the following command on my host:

/usr/lib/ambari-infra-solr-client/ambariSolrMigration.sh --ini-file /home/ambari/hadoop_backup/ambari_solr_migration.ini --mode backup | tee backup_output.txt

I get the following message and warnings:

Execute command: /usr/bin/python /usr/lib/ambari-infra-solr-client/migrationHelper.py --ini-file /home/ambari/hadoop_backup/ambari_solr_migration.ini --action check-shards  --skip-warnings
Dumping collections data to /usr/lib/ambari-infra-solr-client/migrate/data/check_collections.json ... DONE
Checking available shards for 'fulltext_index' collection...
------------------------------
Number of shards: 1
WARNING: Not found any active leader replicas for shard1, migration will probably fail, fix or delete the shard if it is possible.
Checking available shards for 'edge_index' collection...
WARNING: Not found any active leader replicas for shard1, migration will probably fail, fix or delete the shard if it is possible.
Checking available shards for 'vertex_index' collection...
All warnings: 3
Check shards - PASSED
Command elapsed time: 00:00:01
Migration helper command FINISHED
Execute command: /usr/bin/python /usr/lib/ambari-infra-solr-client/migrationHelper.py --ini-file /home/ambari/hadoop_backup/ambari_solr_migration.ini --action upgrade-solr-clients
Sending upgrade request: [Upgrade Solr Clients] DONE
Upgrade command request id: 354
Start monitoring Ambari request with id 354 ....
Request (id: 354) FAILED (checkout Ambari UI about the failed tasks)

And in the ambari task manager I can read for every node with a solr clients (3 nodes in total):

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/AMBARI_INFRA_SOLR/0.1.0/package/scripts/infra_solr_client.py", line 60, in <module>
    InfraSolrClient().execute()
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 353, in execute
    method(env)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/AMBARI_INFRA_SOLR/0.1.0/package/scripts/infra_solr_client.py", line 56, in upgrade_solr_client
    pkg_provider.remove_package('ambari-infra-solr-client', context, ignore_dependencies=True)
TypeError: wrapper() got an unexpected keyword argument 'ignore_dependencies'

As I never used Solr I don't really understand what the warnings are about and how I can "fix or delete the shard". Any idea on what this is about ?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here