Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Using an already existing dashboard with different Union

New Contributor

Hello,

Basically, I have a dashboard generated by a former colleague who has a different union. I want to keep the same dashboard but use different data (more actual data).
I opened tableau dashboard from my colleague and connected to Cloudera Hadoop with my Unix account. I retrieved the data (tables) that I needed from my schema hence I modified the existing Union by implementing new query files that I generated and deleting his query files. Still, When I actualize the dashboard I get the following error: An error occurred while communicating with the Cloudera Hadoop data source 'Union (user_colleague)'. The connection to the data source might have been lost.

Note that we are using the same exact query but with a different timeline for data visualization. (I uploaded his queries and my queries in the attachment).

Is it not possible to use an existing dashboard and update by creating a new union if the tables used are the same from a parameter, item, filters, and property perspective? (again have a look at the attachments)

Thanks for your support

0 REPLIES 0