Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Warning during HDP2.3 Installation through Ambari

Contributor

Hi,

I am installing HDP 2.3.4 using Ambari. During the install process, in the "Confirm Hosts" page, I see below warnings. Can anyone please let me know whether they can be safely ignored and proceed further or would they cause any blockers later?

1. Ganglia is used in the cluster machines for other purposes. However, the warning notifies to remove /etc/ganglia folder. I presume this shouldn't be an issue and hence shouldn't cause any problem later?

2. Package issues - on the machines, we have two packages rhnsub.noarch and mk-hpuniversal.x86_64, which Ambari warns to get uninstalled. However, these are required for other purposes. So wondering, what would be the impact of leaving it as is.

Can anyone please let me know about this at the earliest?

Many Thanks

Vijay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@vbhoomireddy most of the time you can ignore warnings except for ntp and transparent huge pages. If you're oncentos/rhel7 you can ignore the also but its good practice to keep ntp updated. Try it out and see, we can't tell for sure.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Mentor

@vbhoomireddy most of the time you can ignore warnings except for ntp and transparent huge pages. If you're oncentos/rhel7 you can ignore the also but its good practice to keep ntp updated. Try it out and see, we can't tell for sure.

Master Mentor

@vbhoomireddy

Ganglia - You can ignore and chance is that ambari is confusing with old ambari setup (Ganglia was part of ambari install until Ambari 1.7)

rhnsub.noarch and mk-hpuniversal.x86_64 - As its warning ..you can ignore and proceed.

Master Mentor
@vbhoomireddy

has this been resolved? Please post your solution or accept best answer.