Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

What are Spark executors, executor instances, executor_cores, worker threads, worker nodes and number of executors?

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

What are Spark executors, executor instances, executor_cores, worker threads, worker nodes and number of executors?

Explorer

Additionally, what exactly does dynamic allocation mean?? (I know it means allocating containers/executors on the fly but please elaborate) What are "spark.dynamicAllocation.maxExecutors"?? What should its value be?

How are each of these parameters related to each other?? What should be the setting of all these parameters for best performance on the cluster?

I read the documentation but I am afraid I am still confused with the terminology. Really appreciate if someone can elaborate.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: What are Spark executors, executor instances, executor_cores, worker threads, worker nodes and number of executors?

@Sree Kupp

This is a great video , explaining everything in detail. Its a 6 hour training but you can skip and listen to the parts that you are interested in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ooZ4S7Ay6Y

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: What are Spark executors, executor instances, executor_cores, worker threads, worker nodes and number of executors?

@Sree Kupp

This is a great video , explaining everything in detail. Its a 6 hour training but you can skip and listen to the parts that you are interested in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ooZ4S7Ay6Y

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer

Thanks @Kshitij Badani.. will look into it.

Highlighted

@Sree Kupp The part you are interested in starts after 1:20:00, and upto 2:40:00

Explorer

That was a great video @Kshitij Badani. Thanks for the pointers.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here