Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

What exact dependencies required in /lib/lsb/init-functions to install zookeeper-server?

Explorer

I'm trying to manually install the CDH 5 components according to the steps provided at http://www.cloudera.com/content/www/en-us/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/cdh_ig_cdh5_comp_in...

However when installing the Zookeeper Server on RHEL 6.5 I'm getting the following error and can't move forward:

# sudo yum install zookeeper-server
Setting up Install Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package zookeeper-server.x86_64 0:3.4.5+cdh5.5.1+91-1.cdh5.5.1.p0.15.el6 will be installed
--> Processing Dependency: /lib/lsb/init-functions for package: zookeeper-server-3.4.5+cdh5.5.1+91-1.cdh5.5.1.p0.15.el6.x86_64
--> Processing Dependency: /lib/lsb/init-functions for package: zookeeper-server-3.4.5+cdh5.5.1+91-1.cdh5.5.1.p0.15.el6.x86_64
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Package: zookeeper-server-3.4.5+cdh5.5.1+91-1.cdh5.5.1.p0.15.el6.x86_64 (cloudera-cdh5)
Requires: /lib/lsb/init-functions
You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem

I have this directory created but don't know what is missing in it. Can somebody please advise what it has to contain to continue installtion.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

Just remove the directory /lib/lsb/init-functions you've created and install the redhat-lsb-core package:

rmdir /lib/lsb/init-functions
yum install redhat-lsb-core

It is possible to download and extract the redhat-lsb-core package without installation: yum install -y yum-utils; yumdownloader redhat-lsb-core; rpm2cpio redhat-lsb-core-*.rpm | cpio -idmv

But it is not needed, better to install the package properly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Explorer

I would like to add to the question below. I understand that it is not the directory the installation was looking for but some packages that weere not available during the manual installation process. I switched to installing using Cloudera Manager 4.8. After installing and starting the CM I attempted to install all the dependencies from the Manager Console and received a similar error:

Error unpacking rpm package redhat-lsb-core-4.0-7.el6.x86_64
error: unpacking of archive failed on file /lib/lsb/init-functions: cpio: rename

Not sure if there is a way to install the missing packages manually.

Rising Star

Actually the /lib/lsb/init-functions is a file. I guess the second error is there because it conflicts with the manually created?

Explorer

If /lib/lsb/init-functions is a file what would be the contents of it?

Rising Star

Just remove the directory /lib/lsb/init-functions you've created and install the redhat-lsb-core package:

rmdir /lib/lsb/init-functions
yum install redhat-lsb-core

It is possible to download and extract the redhat-lsb-core package without installation: yum install -y yum-utils; yumdownloader redhat-lsb-core; rpm2cpio redhat-lsb-core-*.rpm | cpio -idmv

But it is not needed, better to install the package properly.