Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

What if I don't remember the first time password set of the root/hadoop login. As I am not able to do the admin-password-reset using any of the users as the permission is denied.

Highlighted

What if I don't remember the first time password set of the root/hadoop login. As I am not able to do the admin-password-reset using any of the users as the permission is denied.

New Contributor

I tried executing the admin's password reset option..with the two users (raj_ops and maria_dev) but permission denied. And I am not remembering the first time password set by me using the root/hadoop. Please help..

1 REPLY 1

Re: What if I don't remember the first time password set of the root/hadoop login. As I am not able to do the admin-password-reset using any of the users as the permission is denied.

Cloudera Employee

What is your current Ambari version?

A. For Ambari 2.6.2.2 and previous versions, follow these steps in the Ambari host:

1. Log in to Postgres database

# 'psql -U ambari ambari'

2. Enter password for 'ambari' database. Default is 'bigdata'. Can be found in this file:

/etc/ambari-server/conf/password.dat

3. In PSQL run the below query:

update ambari.users set user_password='538916f8943ec225d97a9a86a2c6ec0818c1cd400e09e03b660fdaaec4af29ddbb6f2b1033b81b00' where user_name='admin'

4. Quit PSQL

5. Restart Ambari server

ambari-server restart

This will reset the admin account back to the password of 'admin'.

Steps taken from:

https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/449/how-to-reset-ambari-admin-password.html

B. For Ambari 2.7.x you can follow steps mentioned in this article:

[Ambari-2.7.0] How to Reset Ambari Admin Password from Database if you forget it ?

Hope it helps.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here