Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

What is the Ranger default password in latest HDP 3.0.1 sandbox?

New Contributor

I recently installed the Hortonworks HDP 3.0.1 sandbox version on VMWare.

I tried to login to the Ranger UI with the following credential combinations, but none work:

1. admin/admin

2. admin/hortonworks1

3. ranger/ranger

4. ranger/hortonworks1

5. raj_ops/raj_ops

6. raj_ops/hortonworks1

7. root/hortonworks1

8. root/hadoop

none of these combinations work. I am also getting a message: "Cannot connect to the DB" on the Ranger login UI screen. 

I tried "Test Connection" from the Ranger config tab on the Ambari console, and it shows that the connection failed. The user is listed as 'root'.

From the Linux ssh console, I validated that I can login to the MySQL instance using root/hortonworks1

So at least I know that the MySQL server is running and I can authenticate using a valid credential.

Need someone's help to figure out :

1. why the Ranger Login UI is not authenticating any user

2. why the "Test Connection" is failing using the default config.

3. what is the default Ranger Admin username and credentials for sandbox v3.0.1?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

New Contributor

after restarting the network, looks like the raj_ops/raj_ops credentials are working now.

What are the other default credentials I needs to be aware of for Ranger to work properly, or for troubleshooting?

Hello @gss2020 ,

thank you for exploring our HDP Sandbox. For the default passwords, please see our "Learning the Ropes of the HDP Sandbox" tutorial page. Within this, please have a look at "Appendix A: Reference Sheet" for the login credentials.

Please let me know if you need any further input from us.

Thank you:
Ferenc

Ferenc Erdelyi, Technical Solutions Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community: