Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

What is the best way to pass a continuous stream of data to a localhost server usng Nifi?

Highlighted

What is the best way to pass a continuous stream of data to a localhost server usng Nifi?

New Contributor

Hi, currently i am using PutTCP processor to pass data into a local server, however, security wise this may not be the best way. What are other processors can i use to pass data through a dataflow and into the server?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

Re: What is the best way to pass a continuous stream of data to a localhost server usng Nifi?

Hi @adrian white,

Have you considered put file processor ?

Re: What is the best way to pass a continuous stream of data to a localhost server usng Nifi?

New Contributor

Hi, Im sorry, i edited the question that may explain my problem better.

New Contributor

Hi Abdelkrim,

How would the server ingest from the putfile processor, if the server was written in python for example. Currently i have it listening on a port, and the PutTCP processor is passing the flowfiles to the server on that port.

What is the application-layer protocol for your server? If HTTP, you can use InvokeHttp or any other (Get/Put/Post) Http processor. If FTP or SFTP, you can use the FTP processors, and so on. If your server uses SSL/TLS, the aforementioned processors make use of an SSLContext.

If it is a "raw" format over TCP, I'm not really sure you can do much else from a security perspective, as the security is provided by a level "higher" than TCP.