Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

What is the best way to replace ambari server while using amazon ec2 instances?

Expert Contributor

We built a cluster using amazon ec2 instances, amazon won't give guarantee about their instances. They can die at any time. Can you suggest any best way to replace the hosts when amazon instance dies?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

you need to consider "Configuration for Master-Master-Active-Passive" link

we are running two Ambari-servers in my project and pointing to same DB. If one DB does down we can make few changes in ambari conf to point another host HA datatabase.

As per my knowledge there is no Ambari-server HA in Hortonworks..we have to do this through any database while implementing database HA.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@Ram D

I think you can consider this.

1) create AmbariDB HA on new client host (non-ec2)

2) install ambari-server on new host and point ambaridb it to ec2 (Primary)

if Ec2 goes down

1) make non-ec2 ambari-server as primary while making few changes in Ambari config like pointing new db.

Expert Contributor

Hey. Do you have any documentation to enable HA on ambari-server ? Unfortunately, we are using ec2 instances only. No physical machines.

you need to consider "Configuration for Master-Master-Active-Passive" link

we are running two Ambari-servers in my project and pointing to same DB. If one DB does down we can make few changes in ambari conf to point another host HA datatabase.

As per my knowledge there is no Ambari-server HA in Hortonworks..we have to do this through any database while implementing database HA.