Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

What is the default Yarn resource manager port. Is it 8032 or 8050 in HDP2.3.4 and above.

Expert Contributor

Hortonworks documentation says 8050 but yarn-default.xml says 8032. Also when I do netstat on resource manager node, it give 8032 port where resource manager is connecting and not 8050. I have got reference from one of the questions asked in community and it says this is a bug but might be a documentation error and docment team from Hortonworks has confirmed the port is 8032. See the below link and the update provided by Artem Ervits in the end:

https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/11599/how-to-change-resourcemanager-port-on-oozie.html#a...

Could anyone confirm and let me know if its being resolved?

@Artem Ervits @Neeraj Sabharwal @pardeep

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

@Anshul Sisodia

In YARN HA, the property "yarn.resourcemanager.address" is redundant and instead "yarn.resourcemanager.address.X" is the one which is used.

1.) Ambari UI for YARN, shows only the property - yarn.resourcemanager.address And it uses port 8050 by default.

2.) In YARN UI, for the yarn configuration, the property is : yarn.resourcemanager.address.X yarn.resourcemanager.address.Y and they are using port 8032 by default.

Ambari UI does not explicitly shows "yarn.resourcemanager.address.X" or "yarn.resourcemanager.address.Y", rather only shows "yarn.resourcemanager.address".

In case if the requirement is to use a different port for the YARN HA ( other than 8032 ), then we can add "yarn.resourcemanager.address.X" and "yarn.resourcemanager.address.Y" in Ambari UI for customer yarn configuration.

Hope this information helps!

Happy Hadooping 🙂

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

@Anshul Sisodia

The port is 8050.

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.4.0/bk_HDP_Reference_Guide/content/yarn-ports.h...

Also you can verify by checking in /etc/hadoop/conf/yarn-site.xml for property 'yarn.resourcemanager.address'

@Anshul Sisodia

Are you using RM HA?

It makes a bit difference.

Expert Contributor

Yes, I have RM HA

Master Guru

@Anshul Sisodia

In YARN HA, the property "yarn.resourcemanager.address" is redundant and instead "yarn.resourcemanager.address.X" is the one which is used.

1.) Ambari UI for YARN, shows only the property - yarn.resourcemanager.address And it uses port 8050 by default.

2.) In YARN UI, for the yarn configuration, the property is : yarn.resourcemanager.address.X yarn.resourcemanager.address.Y and they are using port 8032 by default.

Ambari UI does not explicitly shows "yarn.resourcemanager.address.X" or "yarn.resourcemanager.address.Y", rather only shows "yarn.resourcemanager.address".

In case if the requirement is to use a different port for the YARN HA ( other than 8032 ), then we can add "yarn.resourcemanager.address.X" and "yarn.resourcemanager.address.Y" in Ambari UI for customer yarn configuration.

Hope this information helps!

Happy Hadooping 🙂

Expert Contributor

@Kuldeep Kulkarni , I tried this suggestion and it worked for me but oozie and spark jobs failed as they are not able to connect to current active RM. I had to manually switchover RM then restarted oozie and spark, then jobs started running. Weird though 🙂

Anyways do you have any document or KB Article related to your suggetsion where this is shown or described.

Again, Thanks for your time 🙂

@Anshul Sisodia

Ideally you should not worry about connecting to active RM.

The failover provider class takes care of that.

https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.7.2/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/ResourceManagerHA.html#RM_Failove...

Master Guru

@Anshul Sisodia - You are welcome! 🙂 Please accept the answer if you thing it has helped you.

Expert Contributor

@Anshul Sisodia Should X and Y ports be different?

Expert Contributor

Then why it is connecting to port 8032 and not 8050 in our cluster. I have HDP2.3.4. Do we need to explicitly set yarn.resourcemanager.address.X to <IP.master1>:8050 and yarn.resourcemanager.address.Y to

<IP.master2>:8050 in yarn-site.xml