Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

What was the date that a HIVE/IMPALA table gets analyzed

Explorer

I want to generate 'compute statistics <table_name>' commands for all non-partitoned tables that have not been analyzed for at least 1 month.  If that information was available I would imagine it would be in the hive metastore database which the rest of the table metadata... however I cant find anything.

Thanks
Steve.

2 REPLIES 2

Super Guru
The table named "TAB_COL_STATS" and column "LAST_ANALYZED". Not sure if this could be helpful.

Thanks

Explorer

Thanks.  Well yes I think it is what I need however.... it seems some of my tables have that date changing multiple times during a day.  I looked at navigator to try and track down who may have been issuing 'COMPUTE STATS' commands but found nothing.

To make the whole picture even stranger is the fact that the table is replicated at the database level using BDR.  But the master metadata is different from the target metadata.  The target table is the one I am looking at, this is the one getting update multiple times a day.

Any suggestions on how to find what is making this LAST_ANALYZED timestamp to increment all the time ?