Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here. Want to know more about what has changed? Check out the Community News blog.

What would be spark_home on a quickstart VM when CDH 5.12 is installed as a parcel?

What would be spark_home on a quickstart VM when CDH 5.12 is installed as a parcel?

New Contributor

What would be spark_home on a quickstart VM when CDH 5.12 is installed as a parcel? I had to install CDH 5.12 as a parcel to install Kafka 2.2.0. Now i would be running  spark-kafka streaming example but would like to confirm which spark-submit to use as i can see I can see both /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/spark and /usr/lib/spark.

1 REPLY 1

Re: What would be spark_home on a quickstart VM when CDH 5.12 is installed as a parcel?

New Contributor
In a CDH deployment, SPARK_HOME defaults to /usr/lib/spark in package installations and /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/spark in parcel installations. In a Cloudera Manager deployment, the shells are also available from /usr/bin