Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

When Step 20 and 34 failed during DSX local installation , there were no logs generated at: /install/InstallPackage/container_shared/step_failure.log even though the message was prompted to check logs for these steps at the above location.

When Step 20 and 34 failed during DSX local installation , there were no logs generated at: /install/InstallPackage/container_shared/step_failure.log even though the message was prompted to check logs for these steps at the above location.

While going through the install, the install failed at step 20 and step 34 and I recieved a message on the console that the logs for the failed steps have been generated at the location : /install/InstallPackage/container_shared/step_failure.log. I went to the specified location to check the logs but the logs have not been generated at that location. Where should I go to check the logs?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: When Step 20 and 34 failed during DSX local installation , there were no logs generated at: /install/InstallPackage/container_shared/step_failure.log even though the message was prompted to check logs for these steps at the above location.

Explorer

@Robert Hryniewicz Even though the installer terminal gives message to check error logs at - /install/InstallPackage/container_shared/step_failure.log, I would advise to check /install/InstallPackage/tmp/* directory for different logs generated during installation. In this directory "Progress.txt" shows which steps have been completed so far and "SetupCluster.out" would provide detailed logs for each step in the installation.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here