Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Where are NiFi templates stored?

Solved Go to solution

Where are NiFi templates stored?

I've created a few templates and want to save them someplace. I'm aware of the ability to download from the Web UI, but for scripting's sake would prefer to copy them from a folder somewhere. Does NiFi save templates in a folder someplace?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Where are NiFi templates stored?

Randy, there is a directory within NiFi under conf IIRC. However, this will not work as easily in a cluster.

The right way is to download templates via a REST api, see what UI is doing under the hood.

9 REPLIES 9

Randy, there is a directory within NiFi under conf IIRC. However, this will not work as easily in a cluster.

The right way is to download templates via a REST api, see what UI is doing under the hood.

I'm not running a cluster, so copying from a directory would be easier. Looking in $NIFI_HOME/conf, I have:

[root@monitor nifi]# ls -all conf/

total 72

drwxr-xr-x.  3 root root 4096 Aug 28 21:38 .

drwxr-xr-x. 14 root root 4096 Aug 28 21:37 ..

drwxr-xr-x.  2 root root 4096 Aug 28 21:38 archive

-rw-rw-r--.  1 root root 3781 Aug  5 18:48 authorizers.xml

-rw-rw-r--.  1 root root 2119 Aug  5 18:48 bootstrap-notification-services.xml

-rw-rw-r--.  1 root root 2906 Aug  5 18:48 bootstrap.conf

-rw-r--r--.  1 root root 8300 Aug 28 21:38 flow.xml.gz

-rw-rw-r--.  1 root root 8158 Aug  5 18:48 logback.xml

-rw-rw-r--.  1 root root 6089 Aug  5 18:48 login-identity-providers.xml

-rw-rw-r--.  1 root root 8407 Aug 28 21:36 nifi.properties

-rw-rw-r--.  1 root root 3637 Aug  5 18:48 state-management.xml

-rw-rw-r--.  1 root root 1437 Aug  5 18:48 zookeeper.properties

Unfortunately none of these contains anything resembling my "Test" template. Where else should I look, @Andrew Grande?

Expert Contributor

Hi @Andrew Grande

I am trying to download a template using rest api - where do I get the id of the template

/templates/{id}/download
I have stored the template with a name.
Thanks,
Avijeet

Contributor

Hi @Avijeet Dash

You need to query the template list first.

/flow/templates

Then parse the json and get the id.

Regards,

Wendell

New Contributor

Hi @Randy Gelhausen

If you still having that problem, you can export the template by the Global Menu/Templates/

There list all the templates and have a button to download. The template is downloaded in a xml file.

Hope it helps

Regards

@Randy Gelhausen Under conf there is a templates directory where all the templates are located.

New Contributor

in which way are they stored - I did not see any templates directory after creating a test template - I can still find the template in NiFi, however it is not stored under conf, so perhaps you have a different setup?

New Contributor

running on Ubuntu: the template is stored in conf directory in a flow.xml.gz file -- try to open it in vim, then you can search for your template name, perhaps you can make a script to extract template, however it seems that it is better to use the web interface where you can download to a xml file

New Contributor

@Andrew Grande I want to delete all templates visible in the Nifi UI under Templates tab how to do it? i dont want to delete it one by one from UI.

Also in my Nifi setup my templates are not being stored in /home/nifi/conf/templates directory, so where are these stored by Nifi?

please help!!