Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Where can I get latest resource_management.core and shell for Ambari install?

Expert Contributor

Hi.

I am doing a fresh install of HDP2.5.

I am trying to do:

sudo ambari-server setup

but I got this error:

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_server/serverClassPath.py", line 28, in <module>
    from resource_management.core.shell import quote_bash_args
ImportError: No module named resource_management.core.shell

I fixed this by copying in the quote_bash_args routine from here and removing the import.

Now I get another error, again because the core and/or shell module is missing:

File "/usr/sbin/ambari-server.py", line 39, in <module>
    from ambari_server.serverSetup import reset, setup, setup_jce_policy
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_server/serverSetup.py", line 31, in <module>
    from ambari_commons.firewall import Firewall
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_commons/firewall.py", line 25, in <module>
    from resource_management.core import shell
ImportError: No module named resource_management.core

Where can I get the latest core and shell modules from?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@ed day I'm guessing your ambari-server setup is borked. Please reinstall ambari server and agent. When you remove the packages, make sure to clean /var/lib/ambari-server /usr/lib/ambari-server /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari* etc.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Mentor

@ed day I'm guessing your ambari-server setup is borked. Please reinstall ambari server and agent. When you remove the packages, make sure to clean /var/lib/ambari-server /usr/lib/ambari-server /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari* etc.

Expert Contributor

It was, as you say, borked and it was /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages that was the problem. Many thanks!

Explorer

@Artem Ervits I cleaned up /var/lib/ambari-server, /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari* and did a clean insall. But each time I do the install it says creating site-packages/resource_management : File exists. So even after a clean install the setup gives me the same error. How do I get around with this?