Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Where find resource manager URI value

Contributor

Hi,

i need use the cloudera CDH 5.8 for Talend Open Studio Big Data 6.3.0. For this, i want find the URI of the "resource manager" and "the resource manager sheduler" from yarn-site.xml file. But on my cloudera i don't find these values. So , from where i can recover them? thank you

10 REPLIES 10

Super Guru

@Asma Dhaouadi

By default resource manager runs on port 8088. See if the following takes you to Resource Manager UI.

http://<host where Resource manager is running>:8088

When your YARN is running, Cloudera Manager will show you a tab for "Web UI". Under that tab, there is a link for Resource Manager Web UI. click that and it opens up Resource manager running by default at: http://<host>:8088/cluster

Contributor

ok thank you but they request to enter a valuer as

resourcemanager.company.com:8032 for Resource Manager

and

resourcemanager.company.com:8030 for Resource Manager Scheduler

what i can put?

Super Guru
@Asma Dhaouadi

Ah! By default this should already be configured. Go to Yarn in Cloudera Manager. click on configuration tab. Under configuration there is on left side a link for "ports and addresses" When you click that it will show you both of these settings.

yarn.resourcemanager.scheduler.address --> set to 8030 by default

yarn.resourcemanager.address --> set to 8032 by default.

Contributor

i request her, why i don't find the "yarn.resourcemanager.hostname" on yarn-site.xml file in my cluster?

have you a answer ?

thank you

Contributor

i don't have the Cloudera Manager because i work with RAM 6 Bbytes only 😞

Super Guru

you don't need yarn.resourcemanager.hostname because it becomes where ever your resource manager is running. Is it running on localhost? If not, whatever IP address.

Contributor

That's what he says in the tutorial, and the talend window. So what i must put ? Thank you, i'm so sorry

10283-c1.png

10284-c2.png

Contributor

That's what he says in the tutorial, and the talend window. So what i must put ? Thank you, i'm so sorry

10285-c1.png

10286-c2.png

Super Guru

@Asma Dhaouadi

I am not sure what the issue is. If you following the directions, then what you are doing is right. you are missing a user name. If this is not working then try adding following to yarns-site .xml (127.0.0.1 may be replaced with localhost assuming that's where resource manager is running)

<code><property>
    <name>yarn.resourcemanager.hostname</name>
    <value>127.0.0.1</value>
</property>

Also I am assuming you already have the following in your yarn-site.xml
<property>
<name>yarn.resourcemanager.address</name>
<value>localhost:8032</value>
</property>
<property>
<name>yarn.resourcemanager.scheduler.address</name>
<value>localhost:8030</value>