Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Where is recipes for cloudbreak on 1.3.1?

Master Guru

Where is recipes for cloudbreak on 1.3.1? I am logged into https://cloudbreak.sequenceiq.com and I don't see this option any longer. It used to be there in previous releases. Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

Due to major technical changes this feature has been removed from this release. We support this feature again on master branch and will be back in one of the next release. (probably in the next release)

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Expert Contributor

The recipes functionality was based on Consul and Docker. In Cloudbreak 1.3 we have removed both from the HDP cluster in order to improve stability.

We also replaced Swarm with SaltStack which also allows custom shell or command execution, furthermore it also provides much more greater flexibility what the Docker + Consul allowed. The first part of this SaltStack based recipes was done only after after we cut the 1.3 release branch, therefore it will be only supported in the upcoming releases.

Master Guru

@Attila Kanto If I understand you correctly in the coming release we will able to bootstrap to docker using saltstack?

Expert Contributor

The 1.3.x is already on SaltStack. Under the hood the Cloudbreak starts the Ambari and configures the VM with SaltStack.

Master Guru

@Attila Kanto Ok so I need to do bootstrap activity (recipe). This functianlity has been removed. How do I do this now on 1.3.x?

Expert Contributor

It is not possible with 1.3 (which is just a tech preview), you need to use 1.2.3 or wait for the next release.

@Attila Kanto I see that 1.3.0 is released now, does it support recipes? I don't see recipes section in UI but cbd cli/shell has recipe commands.

If it's not supported on 1.3.0, can we expect it in future release?

Rising Star

Due to major technical changes this feature has been removed from this release. We support this feature again on master branch and will be back in one of the next release. (probably in the next release)

Master Guru

@perdos Will it continue to Consul or saltstack for recipe?

Super Collaborator

@Sunile Manjee the recipes will use saltstack as runner tool but you should define the scripts in bash as it was in case of consul.