Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Where is the test bench.settings file for tpcds?

Where is the test bench.settings file for tpcds?

New Contributor

Hi ,

I am following the GitHub link -

https://github.com/hortonworks/hive-testbench

I created the test data for 10 GB using the command - ./tpcds-setup.sh 10

I cannot see the test bench.settings file in the sample-queries-tpcds folder.

I can only see the settings file for tpch. Could you please let me know where do I get the testbench.settings file for tpcds.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Where is the test bench.settings file for tpcds?

@Ashwin Vajantri

The same testbench.settings for tpch should work for tpcds as well, however I think needs to get committed for github

New Contributor

Thanks Santosh,

I used the same settings , But I keep encountering the error(in quotes bold below) when I do show databases.I cannot see any database starting with

the name - tpcds_bin_partitioned_orc

When I do - hive -I testbench.settings(I had to remove some of the parameters as they were throwing errors saying they cannot be configured at the run time. I omitted -

set hive.security.authorization.enabled=false;
set hive.security.metastore.authorization.manager=org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.security.authorization.StorageBasedAuthorizationProvider;

from the settings file.)

below error -

"Logging initialized using configuration in jar:file:/home/hduser/ecosystem/apache-hive-2.3.2-bin/lib/hive-common-2.3.2.jar!/hive-log4j2.properties Async: true

Hive-on-MR is deprecated in Hive 2 and may not be available in the future versions. Consider using a different execution engine (i.e. spark, tez) or using Hive 1.X releases.

hive> show databases;

FAILED: SemanticException org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.SessionHiveMetaStoreClient

hive> "

Could you please let me know If I am doing something wrong.

Did we try running without the testbench.settings ?, this way client will take the default server configuration.