Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Where to put oozie.launcher.* configuration?

Expert Contributor

While trying to use Oozie properly, I ended up setting a few parameters, namely:

• oozie.launcher.mapreduce.map.memory.mb
  • oozie.launcher.mapreduce.map.java.opts
  • oozie.launcher.yarn.app.mapreduce.am.resource.mb
  • oozie.launcher.mapred.job..queue.name

If I set them in the worfklow configuration, they work as expected.

Is there a way/a place to set them globally, ie. not per workflow? I was expecting that custom-oozie-site.xml would be the right place but apparently not (they have no effect if put there). Is the workflow itself the only place where they can be configured?

If it is relevant, I am using hdp 2.5.

5 REPLIES 5

Master Mentor

Did you try to enable them In mapred-site and tez-site? It is interesting that it cannot find it. Also try setting it in mapred-site and include it with your workflow, not necessarily enabling it on the whole cluster.

Expert Contributor

Been there, done that, no luck 😞

Rising Star
@Guillaume Roger

One of the solution is you can specify it in the config-default.xml. This file should be present in the folder where your workflow.xml are present, and it is automatically parsed for properties.This file has default values for variables that are not defined via the job.properties file or the -D option. You can use the same job.properties file for all invocations of the workflow or use a different properties file for different runs. But the config-default.the xml file is valid for all invocations of the job.

Reference:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OOZIE-1673

Expert Contributor

I indeed found this option, but the file still needs to be generated per workflow, there is no way to use global configuration.

Expert Contributor

The answer is that is is not possible to set those parameters globally.

@Murali Ramasami has the right workaround.