Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Which HiveServer2 is used by Hive Views?

Expert Contributor

I have set up a HDP cluster which contains a HiveServer2 (listening on port 10001, using http transport mode) and HiveServer2 Interactive (LLAP, listening on port 10501). I am using Hive view in Ambari to execute my queries, but I am not able to figure out that which HiveServer2 is connected to the Hive view. The configuration and log of Hive view does not contain this information, it just displays that it connects to "Local Cluster" named "hiveclust" (see screenshot attached).

Is there a way to figure out that which HiveServer2 is used by Hive view? Thanks.

view-config.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Attila Kanto , by default, it will go to HS2 on port 10001 - you can create a new ambari view in the custom section pointing to 10501.

12111-screen-shot-2017-02-03-at-52254-pm.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@Attila Kanto , by default, it will go to HS2 on port 10001 - you can create a new ambari view in the custom section pointing to 10501.

12111-screen-shot-2017-02-03-at-52254-pm.png

Expert Contributor

Thanks, is it somehow possible to influence the default behaviour for the standard auto created hive views? E.g adding a special property to blueprint to force the auto instantiated views to connect to 10501?

The only thing what I can think of is that I change the ports in the blueprint config. E.g. HIVE_SERVER to port 10501, and HIVE_SERVER_INTERACTIVE to port 10001. But it does not seem as the most elegant solution.