Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Which is the stable version of CDH 6.X except CDH6.3.3

New Contributor

What is the stable version of CDH6.X ,Not CDH6.3.3.

We have cluster with 5.16.2 and planning to upgrade to CDH 6 ,but not CDH 6.3.3. Can someone suggest me which is the stable version of CDH 6 except CDH6.3.3?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

@Prav_kumar Yes you can but since you are going to upgrade in Feb to 6.3.4 it's purely your decision to choose what is most feasible path. Just a tip make sure to read the release notes and known issue of the respective version you are Upgrading to make better decision. 

Cheers!
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Guru

@Prav_kumar You can choose 6.3.4. 

Release Notes are here: https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/6/release-notes/topics/rg_cdh_634_release_notes.h...

Cheers!
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

New Contributor

Thanks for  the reply  @GangWar  as of now I am looking  to upgrade  cluster from 5.16.2 to 6.X which  doesn't  require  license. 

I believe  from 6.3.3 requires license  we have plan to get license soon next year.

Do you  think  6.3.2 is stable  to from  5.16.2? We shall upgrade  to 6.3.4 on feb 2021

Master Guru

@Prav_kumar Yes you can but since you are going to upgrade in Feb to 6.3.4 it's purely your decision to choose what is most feasible path. Just a tip make sure to read the release notes and known issue of the respective version you are Upgrading to make better decision. 

Cheers!