Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Which version of Cloudbreak is the latest, 1.2.3, or 1.3?

Explorer

This page, (In the drop-down in the top left) seems to imply that Cloudbreak 1.2.3 is the latest.

This other page, (In the drop-down in the top left) seems to imply that Cloudbreak 1.3.0 is the latest.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

Cloudbreak 1.3 is a technical preview because there was a big change in the underlying infrastructure: we got rid of docker containers completely in the cluster, so from 1.3, HDP services run directly on the VMs.

In Cloudbreak 1.3 there are some missing features that were not following this big change immediately but we wanted to release a "dockerless" version as soon as possible. Since then there is already Cloudbreak 1.4 which is still considered a technical preview but I would suggest to use it instead of 1.2.3, until 2.0 is out.

You can grab 1.4.0 with this curl command:

curl -LsO s3.amazonaws.com/public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/cloudbreak/cloudbreak-deployer_1.4.0_$(uname)_x86_64.tgz

Or you can update an existing deployment with these commands:

cbd kill

cbd update rc-1.4

cbd regenerate

cbd start

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

While Cloudbreak 1.3 is available, the first link is more accurate in that it is in Technical Preview.

Cloudbreak 2 is expected to be launched in a few weeks. So, if possible, I would wait for that, especially if you're interested in deploying HDP 2.5.

Rising Star

Cloudbreak 1.3 is a technical preview because there was a big change in the underlying infrastructure: we got rid of docker containers completely in the cluster, so from 1.3, HDP services run directly on the VMs.

In Cloudbreak 1.3 there are some missing features that were not following this big change immediately but we wanted to release a "dockerless" version as soon as possible. Since then there is already Cloudbreak 1.4 which is still considered a technical preview but I would suggest to use it instead of 1.2.3, until 2.0 is out.

You can grab 1.4.0 with this curl command:

curl -LsO s3.amazonaws.com/public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/cloudbreak/cloudbreak-deployer_1.4.0_$(uname)_x86_64.tgz

Or you can update an existing deployment with these commands:

cbd kill

cbd update rc-1.4

cbd regenerate

cbd start

Explorer

I have just tried this, but got stuck because I don't have "cloudbreak-2016-07-06-12-51.img" (the Openstack image required for Cloudbreak 1.4.0), any help is appreciated.

7241-capture.png

Expert Contributor

Hi,

Please try to download it with:

curl -O -k https://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/cloudbreak/cloudbreak-2016-07-06-12-51.img

Regarding the import process you can see further instructions here (it was written to 1.3.0 but it is still valid just replace the image name): http://sequenceiq.com/cloudbreak-docs/latest/openstack/

Attila