Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

While executing the pig script in LAB3 in "Sandbox tutorial/Hello World/Getting Started with HDP (2.5.0)" I've encountered error as shown below. Any help is appreciated.

When exuting the pig script in this tutorial I've encountered error as shown above. Any help is appreciated.

[main] ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt - ERROR 0: Output Location Validation Failed for: 'riskfactor More info to follow: Pig 'double' type in column 2(0-based) cannot map to HCat 'BIGINT'type. Target filed must be of HCat type {DOUBLE} Details at logfile: /hadoop/yarn/local/usercache/admin/appcache/application_1475025935138_0008/container_1475025935138_000

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Resolved after following the below:

"You can try changing the data type of totmiles variable to double. Drop the table riskfactor from HIve and create it again with:

drop table riskfactor;

CREATE TABLE riskfactor (driverid string,events bigint,totmiles double,riskfactor float) STORED AS ORC;" Thanks to suggestion from @Michael Young and @mrizvi.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Resolved after following the below:

"You can try changing the data type of totmiles variable to double. Drop the table riskfactor from HIve and create it again with:

drop table riskfactor;

CREATE TABLE riskfactor (driverid string,events bigint,totmiles double,riskfactor float) STORED AS ORC;" Thanks to suggestion from @Michael Young and @mrizvi.

FYI: I've created a pull request on the docs for this. https://github.com/hortonworks/tutorials/pull/176