Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Why I am having problem with Ambari Hadoop Services start?

Expert Contributor

Hi all,

Last week, I had set up a two-node HDP 2.3 on ec2 with just one master and a slave. Ambari installation went smoothly and it deployed and started the hadoop services.

I prefer to keep the cluster down when not in use for reasons of efficient cost utilisation. With the public IP changing with a reboot, ambari-server could not start hadoop services this week. Some services start if I were to launch them manually in sequence starting with HDFS. It will not start the services on reboot.

I believe the server has lost the connectivity after the change of public IP address. I am still not able to resolve the problem. I do not think changing the addresses in confg and other files are straightforward; they may be embedded in numerous files/locations.

I have got two elastic IP addresses and assigned them to two instances. I want to use the elastic IPs DNS name (example: 3c2-123.157.1.10.compute-1.amazonaws.com) to connect externally, while using the same (Elastic IP DNS) to let servers communicate with each other over the internal ec2 network. I wont be charged for the network traffic as long as my servers are in the same ec2 availability zone. I am aware there would be a tiny charge for the duration where the elastic IPs are not in use, which may be a few $ a month. I do not want to use the external elastic IP address (example: 123.157.1.10) directly for internal server access as I would be charged for network traffic.

Please advise the best way to resolve the hadoop services breakdown issue. Please note that I am also a Linux newbie. A detailed guidance is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

I am cleaning them out and attempt a fresh install. I will close this thread and post a new one, if required. Thanks every one for the help

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34

Expert Contributor
  • I manually registered the datanode (slave) after installing/starting ambari-agent. Cllcking register and confirm produced (1) one failed --- master node and (2) one success - datanode containing the agent - response.
  • I ran python /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/HostCleanup.py in the master node. I got "no such file or directory"

Thanks for looking into this.

2730-capture.png

2751-capture1.png

Expert Contributor

Can I ignore this warning message please?

Process Issues (1)

The following process should not be running

/usr/lib/jvm/jre/bin/java -classpath

Expert Contributor

Having not found anything on the net to resolve the process issue warning, I ignored it (not sure if this is wise). It will be great to get a resolution of this java-classpath warning. In addition, after ignoring it, I am now stuck on a mysql error. I have not found anything on this either. My repository does not have anything on mysql either, although community edition 5.7.11 is running. The error on the namenode is as follows. I hope some one will be able to guide me on the process issue as well as the mysql conflict.

resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Execution of '/usr/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y install mysql-community-release' returned 1. Error: mysql57-community-release conflicts with mysql-community-release-el7-5.noarch
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

Expert Contributor

What a struggle this has become!

I cleaned out everything. All the errors and warnings in the previous posts have gone 🙂

App timeline server failed to install

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 291, in _call
    raise Fail(err_msg)
resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Execution of 'ambari-sudo.sh /usr/bin/hdp-select set all `ambari-python-wrap /usr/bin/hdp-select versions | grep ^2.4 | tail -1`' returned 1. Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/hdp-select", line 375, in <module>
    setPackages(pkgs, args[2], options.rpm_mode)
  File "/usr/bin/hdp-select", line 268, in setPackages
    os.symlink(target + "/" + leaves[pkg], linkname)
OSError: [Errno 17] File exists

@Neeraj Sabharwal : Could you please advise what's causing this error please?

I have no idea what's causing this problem. I did clean everything inc ambari-server and ambari-agent before this reinstall. I look forward to some help and guidance.

Thanks - Sundar

Expert Contributor

I am cleaning them out and attempt a fresh install. I will close this thread and post a new one, if required. Thanks every one for the help