Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Why does WebHCat give null values in JSON when querying HDInsight cluster?

Highlighted

Why does WebHCat give null values in JSON when querying HDInsight cluster?

New Contributor

I am using WebHCat like in this example from Microsoft: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/hdinsight/hdinsight-hadoop-use-hive-curl to submit Hive queries over my HDInsight cluster in Azure.

I have transformed the curl code to JavaScript. I am successfully submitting a job, checking the status of the job, and finding its output.

When checking the status of the job via WebHCat, there are a lot of keys returned in a JSON format. The one used to check the status of the job is status.state (this returns a value like: 'PREP', 'RUNNING', 'FAILED', 'SUCCEEDED').

There is another interesting key in the JSON called percentComplete. To get a percentage value that represents the readiness of the data would be very useful to me, yet every time I check the JSON for the status, the status does update, but the percentComplete always has a value of null.

(Also note, many of the other keys in the JSON have falsey values as well).

Does anyone know why the JSON returned by WebHCat has so many values equal to falsey or null values? Is there a way to fix this?

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here