Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Why is Hive View not loading

Guru

Tried to load Hive View and I get the following error:

Service 'hiveserver' check failed:
java.sql.SQLException: Error while processing statement: FAILED: Hive Internal Error: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException(org.apache.atlas.hive.hook.HiveHook)

java.sql.SQLException: Error while processing statement: FAILED: Hive Internal Error: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException(org.apache.atlas.hive.hook.HiveHook)
	at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveStatement.waitForOperationToComplete(HiveStatement.java:348)
	at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveStatement.execute(HiveStatement.java:251)
	at org.apache.ambari.view.hive2.HiveJdbcConnectionDelegate.execute(HiveJdbcConnectionDelegate.java:49)
	at org.apache.ambari.view.hive2.actor.StatementExecutor.runStatement(StatementExecutor.java:87)
	at org.apache.ambari.view.hive2.actor.StatementExecutor.handleMessage(StatementExecutor.java:70)
	at org.apache.ambari.view.hive2.actor.HiveActor.onReceive(HiveActor.java:38)
	at akka.actor.UntypedActor$anonfun$receive$1.applyOrElse(UntypedActor.scala:167)
	at akka.actor.Actor$class.aroundReceive(Actor.scala:467)
	at akka.actor.UntypedActor.aroundReceive(UntypedActor.scala:97)
	at akka.actor.ActorCell.receiveMessage(ActorCell.scala:516)
	at akka.actor.ActorCell.invoke(ActorCell.scala:487)
	at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.processMailbox(Mailbox.scala:238)
	at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.run(Mailbox.scala:220)
	at akka.dispatch.ForkJoinExecutorConfigurator$AkkaForkJoinTask.exec(AbstractDispatcher.scala:397)
	at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:260)
	at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:1339)
	at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1979)
	at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:107)

I'm using hdp 2.5 sandbox.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Vasilis Vagias

HiveView is trying to read HiveHook class from the designated path because this class reference is there in hive-site.xml . Please check if the HiveHook class is available and it has proper permissions configured. I suspect this is related to the corrupt VM that you encountered earlier. With latest sandbox you should not see this issue. Do let me know if you face this with latest sandbox as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Super Guru

@Vasilis Vagias

I just checked the same on my sandbox and it works fine. Dumb question maybe, are all the needed running, e.g. HiveServer2? Can you beeline and access your database successfully? An Ambari restart can occassionally help.

@Vasilis Vagias

HiveView is trying to read HiveHook class from the designated path because this class reference is there in hive-site.xml . Please check if the HiveHook class is available and it has proper permissions configured. I suspect this is related to the corrupt VM that you encountered earlier. With latest sandbox you should not see this issue. Do let me know if you face this with latest sandbox as well.

Guru

It seems that my VM caused several headaches. I launched a fresh VM and Hive View / Atlas are working great.

New Contributor

I know this has been resolved for you Vasilis, but for the record, I just wanted to mention that I had the same problem, and it only turned to be a browser problem (I was using Safari). Used chrome and it worked just fine.

Explorer

Did anyone solve this error?

I have the same error on my cluster, 10 hosts with centos 7, HDP 2.5.0.0.

When I open Hive view, I get exactly the same error. I restarted ambari server, and changed the browser, but I still get it.