Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

YARN Shuffle failure

Hi all,

I would to run a benchmark of YARN service using the following command:

yarn jar /usr/hdp/current/hadoop-mapreduce-client/hadoop-mapreduce-examples.jar terasort -Dmapred.reduce.tasks=10 -Dmapreduce.jobtracker.maxtasks.perjob=-1 -Dmapreduce.job.reduce.slowstart.completedmaps=1 /tmp/HA_ACCEPTANCE/teraInput1G /tmp/HA_ACCEPTANCE/teraOutput1G

But i'm having this error:

Error: org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.task.reduce.Shuffle$ShuffleError: error in shuffle in fetcher#4  at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.task.reduce.Shuffle.run(Shuffle.java:134)  at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.ReduceTask.run(ReduceTask.java:376)  at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild$2.run(YarnChild.java:170)  at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)  at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:422)  at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1869)  at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild.main(YarnChild.java:164)Caused by: java.io.IOException: Exceeded MAX_FAILED_UNIQUE_FETCHES; bailing-out.  at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.task.reduce.ShuffleSchedulerImpl.checkReducerHealth(ShuffleSchedulerImpl.java:366)  at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.task.reduce.ShuffleSchedulerImpl.copyFailed(ShuffleSchedulerImpl.java:288)  at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.task.reduce.Fetcher.copyFromHost(Fetcher.java:354)  at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.task.reduce.Fetcher.run(Fetcher.java:193)

Anyone has any idea how to fix it?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello,

I solved the issue. Now all is working fine.

The problem was an error in the sssd.conf file:

I added :

- use_fully_qualified_names = false

Andd i deleted:

- override_space: ^

- default_domain_suffix: DOMAIN

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello,

I solved the issue. Now all is working fine.

The problem was an error in the sssd.conf file:

I added :

- use_fully_qualified_names = false

Andd i deleted:

- override_space: ^

- default_domain_suffix: DOMAIN