Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

YARN Shuffle failure

Solved Go to solution

YARN Shuffle failure

New Contributor

Hi all,

I would to run a benchmark of YARN service using the following command:

yarn jar /usr/hdp/current/hadoop-mapreduce-client/hadoop-mapreduce-examples.jar terasort -Dmapred.reduce.tasks=10 -Dmapreduce.jobtracker.maxtasks.perjob=-1 -Dmapreduce.job.reduce.slowstart.completedmaps=1 /tmp/HA_ACCEPTANCE/teraInput1G /tmp/HA_ACCEPTANCE/teraOutput1G

But i'm having this error:

Error: org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.task.reduce.Shuffle$ShuffleError: error in shuffle in fetcher#4  at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.task.reduce.Shuffle.run(Shuffle.java:134)  at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.ReduceTask.run(ReduceTask.java:376)  at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild$2.run(YarnChild.java:170)  at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)  at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:422)  at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1869)  at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild.main(YarnChild.java:164)Caused by: java.io.IOException: Exceeded MAX_FAILED_UNIQUE_FETCHES; bailing-out.  at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.task.reduce.ShuffleSchedulerImpl.checkReducerHealth(ShuffleSchedulerImpl.java:366)  at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.task.reduce.ShuffleSchedulerImpl.copyFailed(ShuffleSchedulerImpl.java:288)  at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.task.reduce.Fetcher.copyFromHost(Fetcher.java:354)  at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.task.reduce.Fetcher.run(Fetcher.java:193)

Anyone has any idea how to fix it?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: YARN Shuffle failure

New Contributor

Hello,

I solved the issue. Now all is working fine.

The problem was an error in the sssd.conf file:

I added :

- use_fully_qualified_names = false

Andd i deleted:

- override_space: ^

- default_domain_suffix: DOMAIN

1 REPLY 1

Re: YARN Shuffle failure

New Contributor

Hello,

I solved the issue. Now all is working fine.

The problem was an error in the sssd.conf file:

I added :

- use_fully_qualified_names = false

Andd i deleted:

- override_space: ^

- default_domain_suffix: DOMAIN

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here