Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Yarn.exclude file has deleted node

Expert Contributor

Hi all, I had some issues with a node and decomissioned it and deleted it. But after I cleaned it up and commissioned back again, it is still showing in the yarn.exclude file. I came to know about this when Nodemanager is shutting down failing to register with Resource manager. I would like to know if i can just go to the exclude file on RM's (HA) and delete the hostname ? I dont need to restart any master services right ?? like YARN... please advise.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@PJ

Yes off course, you can go to RM's and delete the hostname from the yarn.exclude file. After that you don't need to restart the YARN service after that just execute below command,

yarn rmadmin -refreshNodes

check with this.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@PJ

Yes off course, you can go to RM's and delete the hostname from the yarn.exclude file. After that you don't need to restart the YARN service after that just execute below command,

yarn rmadmin -refreshNodes

check with this.

Expert Contributor
@nshelke

I did this, but in Ambari the alert is still showing as a Dead node..??

Expert Contributor

NEver mind .. it is gone .. Thanks..

Expert Contributor

@nshelke

I am getting stale alerts for the datanode for few minutes and it goes away and comes back again.... jobs were running slow because of this. I stopped it for now... should i decommission it and comission back again?

@PJ

This might be problem of your network, due to which heartbeat is interrupting. You can decommission it and commission it back one by one.