Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Zeppelin Notebook Creation Failure

New Contributor

I have the Hortonworks sandbox Version 2.6.5. I've been using Cloudera for sometime and thought I'd move over here.

I am trying to create a simple Notebook in Zeppelin, here's what happening - the notebook is getting created, I can see it in the listing, but I am unable to edit/open it.

I have tried with either user user - maria_dev and admin but of to no avail.

Whenever I try to open the notebook, it pops up a window asking me for credentials, and once I specify the credentials it just displays the same Zeppelin page. Almost like a loop, it doesn't open the notebook.

I am not sure where the problem is.

My shiro.ini file has the following information: -

[users]

# List of users with their password allowed to access Zeppelin.

# To use a different strategy (LDAP / Database / ...) check the shiro doc at http://shiro.apache.org/configuration.html#Configuration-INI Sections

maria_dev = <pwd>, admin

admin = <pwd>, admin

#user1 = password2, role1, role2

#user2 = password3, role3

#user3 = password4, role2

# Sample LDAP configuration, for user Authentication, currently tested for single

Realm [main]

shiro.loginUrl = /api/login

[urls]

# anon means the access is anonymous.

# authcBasic means Basic Auth Security

# To enfore security, comment the line below and uncomment the next one

# /api/version = anon

# /** = anon

/** = authc

I am really clueless as to how to solve this. Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

@Mario Rozario,

Did you set any Authorization for the notebook. ?

Also try adding the below content to the shiro.ini and restart zeppelin and open the notebook

[roles]
role1 = *
role2 = *
role3 = *
admin = *

-Aditya

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Super Guru

@Mario Rozario,

Did you set any Authorization for the notebook. ?

Also try adding the below content to the shiro.ini and restart zeppelin and open the notebook

[roles]
role1 = *
role2 = *
role3 = *
admin = *

-Aditya

New Contributor

Thanks ,, this solved my problem.

There were no roles before for a few of my other friends as well. Wonder how it worked for them.

Thanks anyway.

Contributor

Hello,

What version of the HDP sandbox are you running (VmWare, VirtualBox, Docker, or is it a cloud deployment)?
When you state that you are trying different credentials do you mean that you're trying to log in as different users in Ambari or changing user in the Zeppelin UI? (By default the Zeppelin UI is set to anonymous). In addition, by default the HDP credentials are maria_dev/maria_dev and admin/4o12t0n did you change the default passwords?

lastly, could you please share the path of the shiro.ini file you are referring to?
I have tried replicating the issue and have not been able to.

Contributor

New Contributor

VM = Virtual Box ::

Image version = 2.6.5.

I tried login with admin and the the admin password, then I tried with the maria_dev user account (also with the same password).

No matter whether I log in with in ambari with admin or maria dev, it creates the Notebook, but doesn't let me edit it. It just does not respond.Path of the shiro file?