Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Zeppelin Phoenix Connection issue in secured cluster

Zeppelin Phoenix Connection issue in secured cluster

Hi Team,

I am getting the following error message when i am trying to access Phoenix tables from the Zeppelin . I am sending my configuration setting in the attachment below . I went through the forum about this issue and implemented various suggestions provided but none of them being able to resolve this issue : phoenix-config.pngphoenix-artifacts.png

%jdbc(phoenix)

select * from POC.VALIDATION_RULE

org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.InterpreterException: null java.sql.SQLException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Failed after attempts=1, exceptions: Thu Jul 27 10:50:37 CDT 2017, RpcRetryingCaller{globalStartTime=1501170637835, pause=100, retries=1}, java.io.IOException: Broken pipe at org.apache.zeppelin.jdbc.JDBCInterpreter.getConnection(JDBCInterpreter.java:416) at org.apache.zeppelin.jdbc.JDBCInterpreter.executeSql(JDBCInterpreter.java:564) at org.apache.zeppelin.jdbc.JDBCInterpreter.interpret(JDBCInterpreter.java:692) at org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.LazyOpenInterpreter.interpret(LazyOpenInterpreter.java:94) at org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.remote.RemoteInterpreterServer$InterpretJob.jobRun(RemoteInterpreterServer.java:489) at org.apache.zeppelin.scheduler.Job.run(Job.java:175) at org.apache.zeppelin.scheduler.ParallelScheduler$JobRunner.run(ParallelScheduler.java:162) at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Zeppelin Phoenix Connection issue in secured cluster

Contributor

@Prashant Kumar

Can you try this,

1) go to Ambari UI -> Zeppelin -> Configs -> Advanced zeppelin-env -> zeppelin-env_content

- add

export ZEPPELIN_INTP_CLASSPATH_OVERRIDES="/etc/zeppelin/conf/external-dependency-conf"

just above #### Spark interpreter configuration ####

2) in jdbc interpreter add the following dependencies: (use the correct phoenix version number)

org.apache.phoenix:phoenix-core:4.7.0.2.6.0.3-8

Get the phoenix-core Version number from the following location

ls -ltr /usr/hdp/current/zeppelin-server/interpreter/jdbc/phoenix-core-4.7.*

New Contributor

HI Rajesh,

Thank you for trying to help Prashant and I. I followed the instructions above (very good btw) knowing that we have the exact same version numbers but I'm getting the following error when trying to provide the org.apache.phoenix:phoenix-core:4.7.0.2.6.0.3-8 as a dependency:

21505-zeppelin-error.jpg

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Jerry

zeppelin-error.jpg

Contributor

@Jerry Cutshaw / @Prashant Kumar

From the error you posted, it seems to be a typo in the dependency you have mentioned.

org.apache.phoenix:phoenix-core:jar:4.7.0.2.6.0.3-8

Correct one:-

org.apache.phoenix:phoenix-core:4.7.0.2.6.0.3-8

Please try this and let me know the outcome. If it didn't work, upload the jdbc interpreter log and zeppelin log.

Also upload the screenshot of the dependency part of JDBC interpreter.

If this fixes your problem, accept as best answer.