Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Zeppelin installation fails on HDP 2.4

Explorer

I'm trying to install Zeppelin using this tutorial: http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/apache-zeppelin-hdp-2-4/

I have a brand new 2-node HDP cluster with HDP 2.4. I tried to install Zeppelin both at Name Node and the other node. I receive the following stderr in both cases:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDP/2.4/services/ZEPPELIN/package/scripts/master.py", line 235, in <module>
    Master().execute()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 219, in execute
    method(env)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDP/2.4/services/ZEPPELIN/package/scripts/master.py", line 85, in install
    user=params.zeppelin_user)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/base.py", line 154, in __init__
    self.env.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 160, in run
    self.run_action(resource, action)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 124, in run_action
    provider_action()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/providers/system.py", line 238, in action_run
    tries=self.resource.tries, try_sleep=self.resource.try_sleep)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 70, in inner
    result = function(command, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 92, in checked_call
    tries=tries, try_sleep=try_sleep)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 140, in _call_wrapper
    result = _call(command, **kwargs_copy)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 291, in _call
    raise Fail(err_msg) 

resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Execution of '/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDP/2.4/services/ZEPPELIN/package/scripts/setup_snapshot.sh /usr/hdp/current/zeppelin-server/lib m348hdp2-dev.nova.otp.int 9083 10001 m348hdp2-dev.nova.otp.int 9995 True /var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDP/2.4/services/ZEPPELIN/package /usr/jdk64/jdk1.8.0_60 >> /var/log/zeppelin/zeppelin-setup.log' returned 126. -bash: /var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDP/2.4/services/ZEPPELIN/package/scripts/setup_snapshot.sh: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

1. Please check if the file exist?

/bin/bash

2. Try to open your file "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDP/2.4/services/ZEPPELIN/package/scripts/setup_snapshot.sh" with "vi" editor then set unix with the following commands. See: https://unnisworld.wordpress.com/2006/11/06/how-to-remove-m-from-unix-files-using-vi-editor/

:set ff=unix
:wq

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

1. Please check if the file exist?

/bin/bash

2. Try to open your file "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDP/2.4/services/ZEPPELIN/package/scripts/setup_snapshot.sh" with "vi" editor then set unix with the following commands. See: https://unnisworld.wordpress.com/2006/11/06/how-to-remove-m-from-unix-files-using-vi-editor/

:set ff=unix
:wq

Explorer

Wow, that helped! @jk, thank you very much! I understood why I got this message: it's because I git cloned repo from my windows machine and copied the files to linux cluster.