Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Zeppelin master installation fails on cloudbreak cluster creation

Contributor

When trying to create a new cluster using cloudbreak I receive the following error -

/cbreak_cloudbreak_1 | 2016-07-19 09:13:12,892 [reactorDispatcher-76] accept:38 INFO  c.s.c.s.e.CloudbreakEventHandler - [owner:undefined] [type:CLOUDBREAKEVENTDATA] [id:undefined] [name:undefined] Sending notification with data: CloudbreakEvent{id=58, eventType='CREATE_FAILED', eventTimestamp=Tue Jul 19 09:13:12 UTC 2016, eventMessage='Ambari cluster could not be created. Reason: Ambari Blueprint could not be added: The component 'ZEPPELIN_MASTER' in host group 'host_group_master_2' is not valid for the specified stack', owner='1edf665b-681b-479d-8cb7-fcf21246846b', account='seq1234567', cloud='AWS', region='us-east-1', blueprintName='hdp-spark-cluster', instanceGroup='null', blueprintId=6', stackId=4', clusterId=4', clusterName=horton-cluster}

If I delete Zeppelin from the blueprint the cluster launches just fine. Is there any way to resolve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hi @Yaron Idan,

It is a known and fixed bug (as i know). Unfortunately Ambari doesn't support Zeppelin master via blueprint. What you can do is "Copy & edit" the selected blueprint on the web UI, delete ZEPPELIN_MASTER, start a cluster and later you should add the component on the Ambari UI by hand.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Super Collaborator

Hi @Yaron Idan,

It is a known and fixed bug (as i know). Unfortunately Ambari doesn't support Zeppelin master via blueprint. What you can do is "Copy & edit" the selected blueprint on the web UI, delete ZEPPELIN_MASTER, start a cluster and later you should add the component on the Ambari UI by hand.

Contributor

Many thanks for the quick reply(ies)!

Super Collaborator

not at all

Contributor

The Zeppelin service is missing from the Ambari UI, is there any way to add it?

Super Collaborator

In that case..i'm not sure. Could you please ask Ambari experts?