Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Zeppelin service Unavailable after HA enable

Highlighted

Zeppelin service Unavailable after HA enable

New Contributor

Hi,

I enabled my cluster in HA mode. Only HDFS and Yarn is put in HA mode. And now i can't use zeppelin. I have this error with zeppelin UI:

15036-jetty-serveur.png

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Zeppelin service Unavailable after HA enable

Super Mentor

@Baruch AMOUSSOU DJANGBAN

Do you see any error in "Zeppelin" server log? Pleas share the log snippet. As you are getting 503 (5xx-internal server error) so definitely looking at the log will be useful. We must see an error there explaining the cause of the failure.

New Contributor

In log file i see that zeppelin server can not be instantiated

15037-jetty2.png

Super Mentor

@Baruch AMOUSSOU DJANGBAN

Sometimes it happens due to corrupted "interpreter.json" Please verify the same, Else if possible then try reinstalling zeppelin to restore interpreter.json

Also please check if the permissions for the zeppelin is fine or not.

# chmod -R zeppelin:zeppelin /usr/hdp/current/zeppelin-server/notebook

Also When you try to start the Zeppelin server do you see any additional ERROR/WARNING message prior to the "unavailable" Warn message?

New Contributor

ok!

- Permission is fine for directory notebook

i will try to reinstall zeppelin and i give you feedback

New Contributor

I stop and delete zeppelin with ambari. Then i reinstall zeppelin in the same machine and it don't work.

Fisrt installed not complete correctly :

15039-zeppelin22.png

15040-zeppelin3.png

and

the display error is :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/ZEPPELIN/0.6.0.2.5/package/scripts/service_check.py", line 40, in <module>
    ZeppelinServiceCheck().execute()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 280, in execute
    method(env)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/ZEPPELIN/0.6.0.2.5/package/scripts/service_check.py", line 37, in service_check
    logoutput=True)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/base.py", line 155, in __init__
    self.env.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 160, in run
    self.run_action(resource, action)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 124, in run_action
    provider_action()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/providers/system.py", line 273, in action_run
    tries=self.resource.tries, try_sleep=self.resource.try_sleep)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 70, in inner
    result = function(command, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 92, in checked_call
    tries=tries, try_sleep=try_sleep)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 140, in _call_wrapper
    result = _call(command, **kwargs_copy)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 293, in _call
    raise ExecutionFailed(err_msg, code, out, err)
resource_management.core.exceptions.ExecutionFailed: Execution of 'curl -s -o /dev/null -w'%{http_code}' --negotiate -u: -k http://biltest.dom10.map:9995 | grep 200' returned 1.

ruck

Expert Contributor

There's another file called zeppelin-**.out under log folder, you can check this file for the root cause.