Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Zookeeper problem after hadoop kerberization

Expert Contributor

Hello,

after hadoop kerberization we are facing an issue about some services, these services don't start. These services are yarn resource manager, hbase regionservers, ambari-infra, logsearch. Problem seems same, they are all "No auth" error for related directories. Ambari-infra error;

KeeperErrorCode = NoAuth for /infra-solr
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NoAuthException: KeeperErrorCode = NoAuth for /infra-solr
	at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:113)
	at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:51)
	at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.setACL(ZooKeeper.java:1399)
	at org.apache.ambari.logsearch.solr.util.AclUtils.setRecursivelyOn(AclUtils.java:77)
	at org.apache.ambari.logsearch.solr.commands.SecureSolrZNodeZkCommand.executeZkCommand(SecureSolrZNodeZkCommand.java:63)
	at org.apache.ambari.logsearch.solr.commands.SecureSolrZNodeZkCommand.executeZkCommand(SecureSolrZNodeZkCommand.java:39)
	at org.apache.ambari.logsearch.solr.commands.AbstractZookeeperRetryCommand.createAndProcessRequest(AbstractZookeeperRetryCommand.java:38)
	at org.apache.ambari.logsearch.solr.commands.AbstractRetryCommand.retry(AbstractRetryCommand.java:45)
	at org.apache.ambari.logsearch.solr.commands.AbstractRetryCommand.run(AbstractRetryCommand.java:40)
	at org.apache.ambari.logsearch.solr.AmbariSolrCloudClient.secureSolrZnode(AmbariSolrCloudClient.java:170)
	at org.apache.ambari.logsearch.solr.AmbariSolrCloudCLI.main(AmbariSolrCloudCLI.java:526)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Hello,

I tried a few things. Regenerated keytabs, checked ticket issues, check read accesses of keytabs...There were no problems. I also tried to delete problematic service, remove zookeeper folder(I faced with 'no authentication' error and i could removed with using super digest as explained here; https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/29900/zookeeper-using-superdigest-to-gain-full-access-to.... and added again but the problem had continued.

I resolved issue with adding security.auth_to_local rules to zokeeper environment. I added rules for problematic services to SERVER_JVMFLAGS in zookeeper-env template like this and restart zookeeper and other related services.

-Dzookeeper.security.auth_to_local=RULE:[2:\$1@\$0](hbase@MY_REALM)s/.*/hbase/RULE:[2:\$1@\$0](infra-solr@MY_REALM)s/.*/infra-solr/RULE:[2:\$1@\$0](rm@MY_REALM)s/.*/rm/ 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Super Collaborator

Hi @Mustafa Kemal MAYUK,

from the error, it apparently user have not authenticated with proper keytab.

these are the possible root causes / solution for the problem.

1. check you have all the service keytabs are placed in "/etc/security/keytabs" for each host.

2. verify the service user for the service have at least read access for the keytab.

3. most common issue is with naming

service keytab name & service principle name which mentioned in service configuration is not matched with keytab file .

apart from this please ensure to check you are able to get the ticket using the keytabs.

Hope this helps!!

Master Mentor

@Mustafa Kemal MAYUK,

There are a couple of things that could be wrong,first step

-re-run the Ambari UI kerberos wizard and ensure it regenerates the principals/keytabs without any error On the node where the services are running check that the keytabs were gerenerate in /etc/security/keytabs/*

On the KDC server validate that the principals were created

# kadmin.loca l 
kadmin.local listprincs

All the principals in question should be in the KDC database

Check that the keytabs are mapped to the correct principal.

# klist -kt /etc/security/keytabs/yarn.service.keytab 
Keytab name: FILE:/etc/security/keytabs/yarn.service.keytab 
KVNO 		Timestamp 	Principal
 ---- ------------------- ------------------------------------------------------ 
1 08/24/2017 15:42:24 yarn/{host_FQDN}@REALM 

Using the correct principal grab a kerberos ticket

# kinit -kt /etc/security/keytabs/yarn.service.keytab yarn/{host_FQDN}@REALM 

Check that a valid ticket was issued

# klist 
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0 
Default principal: yarn/{host_FQDN}@REALM 
Valid  starting      Expires            Service principal 
10/09/2017 11:13:07 10/10/2017 11:13:07 krbtgt/REALM@REALM 

In ambari start that particular service in the above case YARN Please revert

Expert Contributor

Hello,

I tried a few things. Regenerated keytabs, checked ticket issues, check read accesses of keytabs...There were no problems. I also tried to delete problematic service, remove zookeeper folder(I faced with 'no authentication' error and i could removed with using super digest as explained here; https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/29900/zookeeper-using-superdigest-to-gain-full-access-to.... and added again but the problem had continued.

I resolved issue with adding security.auth_to_local rules to zokeeper environment. I added rules for problematic services to SERVER_JVMFLAGS in zookeeper-env template like this and restart zookeeper and other related services.

-Dzookeeper.security.auth_to_local=RULE:[2:\$1@\$0](hbase@MY_REALM)s/.*/hbase/RULE:[2:\$1@\$0](infra-solr@MY_REALM)s/.*/infra-solr/RULE:[2:\$1@\$0](rm@MY_REALM)s/.*/rm/ 

Explorer

@mustafakemal_ma 

Hi, 

I have tried above solution, it did not work.

Any idea about the issue

Thanks in Advance

Expert Contributor

The following map rule is wrong:

RULE:[2:\$1@\$0](rm@MY_REALM)s/.*/rm/ 

the user for the ResourceManager is not "rm" but "yarn" and this should be the replacement value. This is the same as for the hadoop.security.auth_to_local in Hadoop/HDFS configuration.