Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

anyone familiar with PepperData (http://pepperdata.com/)?

Explorer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Pepperdata has a secret sauce over Yarn. We only support Yarn. We have not certified Pepperdata as it would be hard for our support to support it as they have their own schedulers and agents running. Partner team has not certified them for those reasons.

At this point if a customer is using Pepperdata and runs into issues, they would need to uninstall Pepperdata/replicate the issue in non pepperdata cluster to get support.

For hortonworks employees, the certification technical reasons are captured in the Partner Box folder.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Explorer

in particular any of your clients using Pepperdata for chargeback?

Expert Contributor

Martin, I have some contacts over at PepperData that I can introduce you to. Also I do know of a customer successfully using PepperData. Give me a call tomorrow to discuss.

Explorer

Thanks Dan! I will give you a call tomorrow.

Pepperdata has a secret sauce over Yarn. We only support Yarn. We have not certified Pepperdata as it would be hard for our support to support it as they have their own schedulers and agents running. Partner team has not certified them for those reasons.

At this point if a customer is using Pepperdata and runs into issues, they would need to uninstall Pepperdata/replicate the issue in non pepperdata cluster to get support.

For hortonworks employees, the certification technical reasons are captured in the Partner Box folder.

New Contributor

@Shivaji @Dan Rice @mcarrillo Pepperdata is YARN certified. Follow the link for the certification announcement or contact us directly at eval@pepperdata.com for more information. We would be happy to give you an overview.