Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

assign slaves and clients

Highlighted

assign slaves and clients

I am adding new node in existing cluster but I have some doubts :

when we assign slaves and clients then if we check clients check box then it install all clients but if I want to selective clients only like hive client , hbase client , hdfs client only then how to achieve the same .

can we this new node as master , but I do not see assign master option in hortonwork documentation on adding new node into existing cluster.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Re: assign slaves and clients

Super Mentor

@Anurag Mishra

During slave assignment when you select install clients then you do not have much options at that time to choose which client you want. Although Clients are very light weight libraries so it should not cause any issue if we install them.

However if you really want to be very specific on which node should have which client then you can add and remove the selective clients any time after the cluster installation using Ambari API calls.

Something like following: https://community.hortonworks.com/content/supportkb/150098/how-to-install-hadoop-clients-on-all-the-...

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here