Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

can I get official support if I install the CDH on hygon server

New Contributor

can I get official support if I install the CDH on hygon server

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hello @panb 

We hope your Query has been addressed by us & shall mark the Post as Resolved. In Summary,

• Your Team needs to meet the requirement as stated in [1], which doesn't differentiate in Processor Type & I believe your Team is referring to Hygon Dhyana Processor.
  • Note that we have shared the Hardware requirement is shared for CDP v7.1.8 as CDH isn't recommended now owing to End-Of-Life. 
  • As a Best Practise, I shall suggest engaging with Cloudera Account Team associated with Customer to perform any due diligence with respect to Supportability & Best Practices prior to onboarding Use-Cases into any new Platform, wherein Supportability is doubted by your Team.

Regards, Smarak

[1] Hardware Requirements | CDP Private Cloud (cloudera.com)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Collaborator

Hello @panb 

Thanks for using Cloudera Community. As far as I am aware, your Team needs to meet the requirement as stated in [1], which doesn't differentiate in Processor Type & I believe your Team is referring to Hygon Dhyana Processor. Note that we have shared the Hardware requirement is shared for CDP v7.1.8 as CDH isn't recommended now owing to End-Of-Life. 

Regards, Smarak

Super Collaborator

Hello @panb 

We hope your Query has been addressed by us & shall mark the Post as Resolved. In Summary,

• Your Team needs to meet the requirement as stated in [1], which doesn't differentiate in Processor Type & I believe your Team is referring to Hygon Dhyana Processor.
  • Note that we have shared the Hardware requirement is shared for CDP v7.1.8 as CDH isn't recommended now owing to End-Of-Life. 
  • As a Best Practise, I shall suggest engaging with Cloudera Account Team associated with Customer to perform any due diligence with respect to Supportability & Best Practices prior to onboarding Use-Cases into any new Platform, wherein Supportability is doubted by your Team.

Regards, Smarak