Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

can't completly remove hadoop cluster

Master Collaborator

I used the attached document to completely clean up the hadoop cluster and reinstalled ambari but when I go into the console I see all the components though in broken state and the cluster name is also visible , I am not prompted to install the cluster as in a fresh installation would happen.

how can I completely wipe out the cluster info from ambari?

1 REPLY 1

@Sami Ahmad

You can use below link to clean up Ambari

https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/1110/how-to-completely-remove-uninstall-ambari-and-hdp.h...

Host Clean-up support in Ambari

Ambari currently has support to perform host check during host registration and produce an report based on the check. This report can also be used to perform clean-up.

When hosts are registered, the Ambari UI report issues as follows:

/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/HostCleanup.py script can be invoked to perform cleanup of individual hosts. "python /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/HostCleanup.py" is an interactive call and asks if "users" should be deleted. This is because for many setup may not want to remove users. Use --help to see other options.

python /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ambari_agent/HostCleanup.py
You have elected to remove all users as well. If it is not intended then use option --skip "users". Do you want to continue [y/n] (n)

A newer version of the clean-up script is available on the trunk at HostCleanup.py that support a silent option (-s). This is specifically useful when cleaning up across multiple hosts, say using pdsh.

python /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ambari_agent/HostCleanup.py --help
Usage: HostCleanup.py [options]
Options:
-h, --help  show this help message and exit
-v, --verbose  output verbosity.
-f FILE, --file=FILE  host check result file to read.
-o FILE, --out=FILE  log file to store results.
-k SKIP, --skip=SKIP  (packages|users|directories|repositories|processes|alternatives). Use , as separator.
-s, --silent  Silently accepts default prompt values