Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

can't connect to HDP Sandbox 2.6 on VM with SQuirrel

can't connect to HDP Sandbox 2.6 on VM with SQuirrel

Explorer

Here is the stack trace:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ConnectionFactory.createConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:228)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ConnectionManager.createConnection(ConnectionManager.java:430)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ConnectionManager.createConnectionInternal(ConnectionManager.java:339)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager.createConnection(HConnectionManager.java:144)
at org.apache.phoenix.query.HConnectionFactory$HConnectionFactoryImpl.createConnection(HConnectionFactory.java:47)
at org.apache.phoenix.query.ConnectionQueryServicesImpl.openConnection(ConnectionQueryServicesImpl.java:381)
at org.apache.phoenix.query.ConnectionQueryServicesImpl.access$300(ConnectionQueryServicesImpl.java:218)
at org.apache.phoenix.query.ConnectionQueryServicesImpl$13.call(ConnectionQueryServicesImpl.java:2359)
at org.apache.phoenix.query.ConnectionQueryServicesImpl$13.call(ConnectionQueryServicesImpl.java:2338)
at org.apache.phoenix.util.PhoenixContextExecutor.call(PhoenixContextExecutor.java:78)
at org.apache.phoenix.query.ConnectionQueryServicesImpl.init(ConnectionQueryServicesImpl.java:2338)
at org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixDriver.getConnectionQueryServices(PhoenixDriver.java:235)
at org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixEmbeddedDriver.createConnection(PhoenixEmbeddedDriver.java:150)
at org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixDriver.connect(PhoenixDriver.java:203)
at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.sql.SQLDriverManager.getConnection(SQLDriverManager.java:133)
at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.mainframe.action.OpenConnectionCommand.executeConnect(OpenConnectionCommand.java:167)
at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.mainframe.action.OpenConnectionCommand.access$000(OpenConnectionCommand.java:45)
at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.mainframe.action.OpenConnectionCommand$1.run(OpenConnectionCommand.java:104)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: can't connect to HDP Sandbox 2.6 on VM with SQuirrel

Super Collaborator

Please check that you are using the fat client jar from HDP distribution in the properties for Squirrel. It can be found at /usr/hdp/current/phoenix-client/phoenix-client.jar

Highlighted

Explorer

This is the client jar I have loaded into the squirrel lib directory:

phoenix-4.7.0.2.6.0.3-8-client. It is not the thin client jar

Highlighted

Explorer

Hi @Dean Geary

I reviewed my actual Squirrel 3.8 configuration and I posted it here:

43906-squirrel-1.png

Figure 1. Phoenix Driver configuration.

43907-squirrel-2.png

Figure 2. Phoenix Alias configuration (Note: Username and Password its not important here, so I used anything in both cases).

If you are going to develop a Java application using Phoenix, take a look to the question loading phoenix table using java.

Highlighted

Explorer

I attached screenshots of my configuration. I am running the standard Horton 2.6 sandbox VM. I have tried every combination of addresses for the URL. The first on I used was the sandbox IP (mapped to sandbox.hortonworks.com) knowing that port forwarding would route it to the Docker. Just for kicks, I also plugged in the Docker IP knowing that it would not be able to address it. Then I saw your config and tried localhost. Nothing worked and I always got the exact same error msg.squirrel-driver.pngsquirrel-alias.pngstack.png

Highlighted

Explorer

P.S. here is a screenshot to show that Hbase and Pohoenix are up and running...

Highlighted

Explorer

Can you download the driver again from this path:

/usr/hdp/current/phoenix-client/lib/phoenix-client-{phoenix.version}.jar

And try again.

Highlighted

Explorer

Sadly, same result!

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here