Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

cannot Copy file from Sandbox to windows using Winscp

Rising Star

Hello ,

I am new to Sandbox and just started learning it, i have to deploy an application from pycharm to sandbox, i am following the tutorial https://hortonworks.com/tutorial/setting-up-a-spark-development-environment-with-python/ i installed sandbox through VMWare Pro 14, i want to copy the files pyspark and py4j from sandbox that is mentioned in tutorial, i used WINSCP to copy the file through SCP command but i cannot do it, i used the port number of sandbox 8888 and ip address of sandbox 192.168.XX.XXX and userid root and password sandbox password, i am also confused that in root directory of Sandbox there is a folder /usr/ but this folder does not contain any hdp folder as mentioned in tutorial.. Please ur help is highly appreciated

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

Super Collaborator

if the file is not in the sandbox, it means you are either having a wrong sandbox, or that the sandbox doesn't fit to the tutorial. From the tutorial it says hdp-2.6.0, so I think you downloaded hdp-2.6.3., which has a link to the tutorial you are following.

Please excuse me if I am explaining something obvious to you: but after logging in to the sandbox just try to click '..' (or the button with the up-arrow), or click on the button with the folder symbol labelled '/' to get to the so called root of the filesystem (which is something else than /root). Now check there if you can see a dir 'usr'.

In your screenshot, you have the workdir '/root/start_scripts'.

Rising Star

@Harald Berghoff

Thank you so much for your help and prompt responses, i installed putty and all my problems relating to execute the python code is resolved, your last response helps a lot to me, I really thankful to you now i can run python code to sandbox!!!

Rising Star

@Harald Berghoff Thank you so much for your help and prompt responses, your last comment really helped me, i installed putty and all my problems get resolved, now i can run python program over sandbox , Thanks again for keeping in touch