Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

cant start the thrift server

when I run/start the thrift server

su spark

./sbin/start-thriftserver.sh

or

./sbin/start-thriftserver.sh --master yarn-client --executor-memory 512m --hiveconf hive.server2.thrift.port=100015

I get from the log:

/var/log/spark2/spark-spark-org.apache.spark.sql.hive.thriftserver.HiveThriftServer2-1-master.out Spark Command: /usr/jdk64/jdk1.8.0_112/bin/java -Dhdp.version=2.6.0.3-8 -cp /usr/hdp/2.6.0.3-8/spark2/conf/:/usr/hdp/2.6.0.3-8/spark2/jars/*:/usr/hdp/current/hadoop-client/conf/ -Xmx10000m org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit --master yarn-client --class org.apache.spark.sql.hive.thriftserver.HiveThriftServer2 --name Thrift JDBC/ODBC Server --executor-mem ory 512m spark-internal --hiveconf hive.server2.thrift.port=100015 ======================================== Warning: Master yarn-client is deprecated since 2.0. Please use master "yarn" with specified deploy mode instead. 17/09/01 07:02:05 WARN AbstractLifeCycle: FAILED ServerConnector@1fc793c2{HTTP/1.1}{0.0.0.0:4040}: java.net.BindException: Address already in use java.net.BindException: Address already in use

how to solve it?

Michael-Bronson
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Here you have no problem in the log. It's only a warning. And this is because you have another Spark application running and then the port 4040 (which is the default port for the Spark Monitoring UI) is already in use. But then it will try on port 4041 and so on, until it finds a free port, as you can see in the following log,

The only problem I can see is that you are specifying an invalid port number (100015 is not a valid port number, I guess you meant 10015).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Expert Contributor

Here you have no problem in the log. It's only a warning. And this is because you have another Spark application running and then the port 4040 (which is the default port for the Spark Monitoring UI) is already in use. But then it will try on port 4041 and so on, until it finds a free port, as you can see in the following log,

The only problem I can see is that you are specifying an invalid port number (100015 is not a valid port number, I guess you meant 10015).