Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

cloudbreak deployer with error "UnknownHostException"

Contributor

cloudbreak deployer with openstack: when create cluster, error "org.openstack4j.api.exceptions.ConnectionException: java.net.UnknownHostException".

My cloud is using version openstack kilo, which is distributed by 2 physical servers, cloudbreak deployer version is 1.2.1, when deployer is started, associating it with a floating-ip, and then ssh it, excute cbd init and cbd start commands, then successfully access and login in to http://deployer-floating-ip:3000 via browser, then I create credential、network and so on, and then I create a cluster with a bluepoint, but deployer reports and error "org.openstack4j.api.exceptions.ConnectionException: java.net.UnknownHostException: controller".

4651-unknownhostexception.png

4652-cbd-doctor.png

When I create credential, I cannot use keystone v2, I have to use key stone v3, because keystone only support v3。

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

seems like the deployer host has name resolution issues. it has "no internet access". from cbd docktror output: - it cant resolve dns names (for example github.com) - it can'y even reach google's dns server (8.8.8.8)

Can you please make sure, that you start the cbd deployer instance in a network where you have internet access? It will be needed by ambari for yum installs

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

New Contributor

seems like the deployer host has name resolution issues. it has "no internet access". from cbd docktror output: - it cant resolve dns names (for example github.com) - it can'y even reach google's dns server (8.8.8.8)

Can you please make sure, that you start the cbd deployer instance in a network where you have internet access? It will be needed by ambari for yum installs