Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

cloudera-manager-agent installed fails after moving to private repos

New Contributor

Hi there,

We were creating temporary cluster by using cloudera-director. After moving to private/local repos I am encountering issues when installing the cloudera-manager-agent for cm6. (cm5 works fine).

Here is what I tested:
cloudera-director 2.8.1:
using an an template and setting:

enableEnterpriseTrial: true

repository: "https://XXXXXXX:YYYYY@archive.cloudera.com/p/cm6/6.3.4/redhat7/yum/"

repositoryKeyUrl: "https://XXXXXX:YYYYYYY@archive.cloudera.com/p/cm6/6.3.4/redhat7/yum/RPM-GPG-KEY-cloudera"

With this setup it will fail at:

Cloudera Manager agent installation failed on instance 'IP' after 5 tries. ...

Checking the manager logs (same result when using the private repo option with auth:

2021-02-15 06:30:04,433 INFO NodeConfiguratorThread-8-0:com.cloudera.server.cmf.node.NodeConfigurator: Using key bundle from URL: https://a.privaterepo.com/artifactory/cm6/6.3.4/redhat7/yum/RPM-GPG-KEY-cloudera

2021-02-15 06:30:04,488 WARN NodeConfiguratorThread-8-0:com.cloudera.server.cmf.node.NodeConfigurator: Unhandled exception

java.lang.SecurityException: Could not verify key bundle
I tested with Cloudera Altus Director and get a similar error for the directory, although it seems the issue here that it still point to the public repos (and not the ones I configured in the conf file)

So my question is, is director still supported and if so were there any changes I should be aware of?

thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @indu_thomas 

This document might help you arrive at an answer to your question regarding if Cloudera Altus Director is still supported: Cloudera Support Lifecycle Policy

…scroll down to the subsection headed Current End of Support (EoS) Dates.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

New Contributor

@ask_bill_brooks 

Thanks so I shouldn't use Cloudera Altus Director. What about CDH Director 2.8.1? 

Should it still work with private repos? or do we need to redo our automation?

again thanks

@indu_thomas If you don't see mention of CDH Director 2.8.1 in the announcement I linked to earlier, then whether or not it will work with private repos is questionable.

I personally haven't tried it, and no one I have talked to has tried it, either, and I assume they are all primarily de-motivated to do so by this passage from the aforementioned announcement:

…new patch releases of Cloudera Manager and Ambari have been made available and are required to access Cloudera’s private repositories, which now contain these new and existing releases. Versions other than those outlined below will no longer be able to install CDH, HDP or HDF from Cloudera’s public repositories. Customers should strongly consider upgrading to one of the new Cloudera Manager or Ambari releases below as soon as possible, as well as updating any automated installation scripts with repository credentials and/or following the alternative steps described below.

Emphasis in the original.

Not having access to your source code for your automation, the only thing I can say about having to redo your automation is that if your automation assumes that it will be able to access binaries from Cloudera's repositories, then it is going to have to access them in the manner described in that document.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.