Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.13.0-0-virtualbox Configuration is Stock

cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.13.0-0-virtualbox Configuration is Stock

New Contributor

Hello,

I have down loaded and imported cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.13.0-0-virtualbox for a virtualbox course I am taking.  However, it gets stock at the configuration checking as if it enters an infinite loop.  Is there any solution for this?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.13.0-0-virtualbox Configuration is Stock

Expert Contributor

Please clarify at what stage it gets stuck. When booting up the VM?

Can you share the system messages on the screen with screenshot?

New Contributor

Thank you very much for the help.  When I run the Virtual Box, it had no problem improting.  The virtualbox is:

VirtualBox Graphical User Interface

Version 5.2.26 r128414 (Qt5.6.2)

Copyright © 2019 Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

After that the black screen appears and after that it goes to the page:

quickstart.cloudera/#/

I am including the screen capture

Screen 1.PNG

At this point, according to the course, I need to click on "Analyze Your Data" and go to the "about" page

Please see the picture.  This is where it gets stock

Screen 2.PNG

But If I go to 10.0.2.15:8888/hue/about  instead, it is not stock and gives the following warning

Screen 3.PNG

But according to the training it needs to say OK and then let me download examples.  I do not know if this is defficiency in something that the training did not provide or something else.  In any case, as I am completely new to this, your help and guidance is highly appreciated.  Please also let me know if you need any other information from the installation I can provide to solve this issue.

As You see, I am like completely lost here and any clear guidance on how to make this running so that I can complete my Hive training is highly appreciated.

By the way, the training uses version CDH 5.8, but that is not available and I could not find it through google search.  Also, VirtualBox's last version 6.13 gives error message improrting the CDH so I had to try 5.2.26, but again this problem exists.

Best regards,

Mansour

Expert Contributor

You can ignore the error messages on the Hue about page. The course instructions are based on CDH 5.8 but the Quickstart VM is using CDH 5.13 version which includes an improved version of Hue where the About page is differently structured. 

Just click on Step 2: Examples link on this page to proceed with installing the example data

New Contributor
Hello,
Thank you for your message.  I am aware that Cloudera does not provide the older versions of the CDH.  Is it possible to make an exception and have the 5.8 version available ot let me know where I might be able to get it.  I any case, I will follow your great advice and continue with my training.

Expert Contributor

Hi Mansour,

older versions of the Quickstart VM's are not available anymore for download. Please use the currently provided version, alternatively install your own Cloudera cluster with version 5.8 by following the Proof-of-Concept Installation Guide