Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

cloudera sandbox 6.3.0 docker run no services are running

Explorer

Hi All,

I am trying all means to find out a latest Cloudera sandbox for practicing purpose on mac m1 , yes i know and experienced many issues due to M1 not supporting most of the softwares with out any tweaks.

I have found few options

Option 1 - Virtual box -> not compatible for M1

Option 2 - Parallels -> not open source 

Option 3 - VM ware fusion  -> not open source 

Option 4 - UTM - again some issues keyboard no sync 

Option 5 - Docker desktop -> This options works with tweaks

I have picked up Docker desktop ,since there is a software available for M1 , i have then explored the options  to find a suitable cloudera/hortonwork sandbox images

1. Docker - Hortonworks sandbox 3.0.1 -> failed

Hortonworks 3.0.1 -> I have tried with some tweaks but not able to configure in spite of spending a lot of time fixing the issues ,no luck 

Issue/error - Failed to get D-Bus connection: No such file or directory

my explanation about the error including the log

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/71489739/deploying-hortonworks-sandbox-on-docker-on-mac-m1-insta...

2. Docker - Cloudera sandbox CDH 6.3.0 --> failed

docker run -m 8G --hostname=cloudera.sandbox-cdh:6.3.0 --privileged=true -t -i -v /Users/appleworld/Documents/Docker:/Src --publish-all=true -p 8888 -p 7180:7180  39f9547152c6  /usr/sbin/int docker-clouderasandbox-cdh:6.3.0 --platform amd64

the above docker run command i suspect is incorrect ? , ccan you please correct 

issue/errors  

jps -> no service information available

Failed to mount tmpfs at /run: Operation not permitted Failed to mount cgroup at /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd: Operation not permitted [!!!!!!] Failed to mount API filesystems, freezing

Docker hub Cloudera sandbox image 

https://hub.docker.com/r/cloudera/sandbox-cdh/tags?page=1&ordering=-last_updated

3. Docker - Cloudera quickstart vm docker image --> works fine on mac m1

https://hub.docker.com/r/cloudera/quickstart

docker run -m 8G --hostname=quickstart.cloudera --privileged=true -t -i -v /Users/appleworld/Documents/Docker:/Src --publish-all=true -p 8888 -p 7180:7180  cloudera/quickstart  /usr/bin/docker-quickstart --platform amd64 

# I have also prepared step by step installation

https://medium.com/@rakeshgopidi/installing-cloudera-quickstart-vm-through-docker-hub-on-mac-m1-879f...

I really want to know why 1. Docker - Hortonworks sandbox 3.0.1 -> failed & 2. Docker - Cloudera sandbox CDH 6.3.0 is not working or not able to fix 

can ideas to fix ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

@bdworld2 ,

We currently don't support any docker-based sandbox/quickstart clusters. The one available in GitHub is of a very old CDH version.

The best approach is to use a CDP Trial installation if you want to evaluate the latest product. Please check the links below for more information:

Cheers,

André

--
Was your question answered? Please take some time to click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Guru

@bdworld2 ,

We currently don't support any docker-based sandbox/quickstart clusters. The one available in GitHub is of a very old CDH version.

The best approach is to use a CDP Trial installation if you want to evaluate the latest product. Please check the links below for more information:

Cheers,

André

--
Was your question answered? Please take some time to click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Explorer

Hi @araujo 

Many thanks for the explanation, please note M1 doesn't have Virtual box that is the reason i have chosen Docker from the 2nd link you provided do you have any other alternate solution instead of Virtual box ?

1st option - no since its trail 60 days