Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

convertcsvtoavro schema for the above file how to resolve the decimal type in avro conversion?

New Contributor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

I don't believe it is currently possible to convert/use the decimal type in the Avro processors, I have written up NIFI-3000 to cover this improvement.

If you are comfortable with a scripting language like Javascript or Groovy, you could use the ExecuteScript processor, point the Module Directory property at JAR(s) for Avro 1.8.0, and code the conversion yourself. However beware that you don't do additional Avro processing downstream, as that will likely break (because of the bug in NIFI-3000).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Master Guru

I don't believe it is currently possible to convert/use the decimal type in the Avro processors, I have written up NIFI-3000 to cover this improvement.

If you are comfortable with a scripting language like Javascript or Groovy, you could use the ExecuteScript processor, point the Module Directory property at JAR(s) for Avro 1.8.0, and code the conversion yourself. However beware that you don't do additional Avro processing downstream, as that will likely break (because of the bug in NIFI-3000).