Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

could not able to create a directory in the hadoop directory in the aws instance of the hdpcd practice exam : no java ,

Highlighted

could not able to create a directory in the hadoop directory in the aws instance of the hdpcd practice exam : no java ,

New Contributor

I could not able to create a directory in Hadoop on the aws instance of the hdpcd practice exam. the error message is " permission denied" when I try to execute the command from the first task ( to create a directory in Hadoop) used Hadoop fs -mkdir /user/Horton/flightdelays. and also I could not able to see the datasets, solutions and also the start-all services scripts in the home directory. please help .. thank you @rich

2 REPLIES 2

Re: could not able to create a directory in the hadoop directory in the aws instance of the hdpcd practice exam : no java ,

New Contributor

was/how this resolved? I am getting the same error.

Re: could not able to create a directory in the hadoop directory in the aws instance of the hdpcd practice exam : no java ,

@Will Dailey

Any thoughts?