Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

datanode have no enough space

Rising Star

My datanode is currently giving me this warning below:

Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 1.23.21 PM.png

 /dfs/dn is in a filesystem that reaches the threshold for free space.

I have a 2nd disk mounted on /data and I'm thinking of moving the datanode filesystem under /data to have free space, is it possible to do that with no significant effect in the cluster?

Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 1.25.57 PM.png

 because i have this same issue also with Namenode and I think if I changed the path there also, fsimage is still retail on the original path..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

@Mondi Yes you can move the paths.  Just be sure to shut down hdfs, move the data, then update the paths in hdfs config.  Additionally you can also symlink the old path to the new path.   Be sure to complete this on all nodes reporting the limited disk size.

If this answer resolves your issue or allows you to move forward, please choose to ACCEPT this solution and close this topic. If you have further dialogue on this topic please comment here or feel free to private message me. If you have new questions related to your Use Case please create separate topic and feel free to tag me in your post.  

Thanks,

Steven @ DFHZ

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Guru

@Mondi Yes you can move the paths.  Just be sure to shut down hdfs, move the data, then update the paths in hdfs config.  Additionally you can also symlink the old path to the new path.   Be sure to complete this on all nodes reporting the limited disk size.

If this answer resolves your issue or allows you to move forward, please choose to ACCEPT this solution and close this topic. If you have further dialogue on this topic please comment here or feel free to private message me. If you have new questions related to your Use Case please create separate topic and feel free to tag me in your post.  

Thanks,

Steven @ DFHZ

Rising Star

Hi Steven, I've send you a private message. thank you!